Friday, May 30, 2008

Thank you Sex...

And the City for furthering the myth that "If you just stop thinking about trying to get pregnant" or "adopt" that you will miraculously pop up a baby bump.

While I LOVED the show on HBO... I have to give the big middle finger and a VERY loud FUCK YOU to the writers on that one!

Do a little research on the topic here... c'mon people!! While entertainment these days seems to think that IF is a great story line... their accuracy is appalling!!

Makes me think back to Chandler and Monica on Friends.... they had the same DX that Trey and Charlotte had (they never said anything about Harry).... "lazy boys and an inhospitable uterus".... FINE!!! While I understand that the show is for comic effect with a hint of drama/reality.... I still like the way that friends did it BETTER!!!

Chandler said that they could keep trying, but that there was a very good chance that it would never happen for them and they should look to adopt. I may be giving the writers too much credit here (because the show ended the episode they got their babies)... they could have still fumbled the IF ball....

I have to CRINGE when I see things like the Sex and the City movie, a highly anticipated and watched movie, give the impression that infertility is solely the cause of the woman thinking about getting pregnant too much. That it was all her fault because she wanted it too bad... or that she stressed herself out over it so much...

The next thing you know they are going to be telling people to take a vacation.... OH! WAIT... they already do that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen. I thought the same thing tonight when I saw SATC.

I could have screeched when she said that.