Monday, December 1, 2008

8 weeks...






Your baby is growing like mad, putting on about a millimeter every day and continuing to straighten out in the trunk. Though you can't feel it yet, baby is moving those little arms, legs and (now only slightly) webbed fingers and toes like crazy.

I had my 1st OB appointment today!!! It was good!!! The DR is so nice!!! He gave me some Zofran for the morning sickness (and offered me an IV with fluids and meds) he also told me that if it gets any worse to go straight to the ER.

He tested my Progesterone level, because I'm on the suppositories. My level was twice what it once was (39/65) turns out that 200 mg 2X a day is too much at this point, so I am taking it only once a day (and at night to help the nausea).

He seems to think that after two weeks, when I stop the progesterone, the morning sickness will go away somewhat, then taper off till 13 weeks.

I have my RN prenatal intake appointment on 12/23 where they input all my family history and everything, then they will schedule my next appt.

I have a picture of the little monkey in there!!! I will try to get my scanner to work so I can put it on here!!! DH and I think it looks like a unicorn!! LOL!!! We could see the placenta and the umbilical cord, but the baby wasn't in a great position to see too well : (

The OB was a little weird when I said I was an IF patient... he was like "Oh!... How many are in there?!?!?!" and when I said just one, he said "well... you dodged a bullet!!"

I don't think of it that way... I had a good and ethical RE and had like 6 ultrasounds to make sure that I didn't overstim... I guess that the "you take IF meds and you get multiples" thought is really tough to escape.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

What a beautiful blob! Hello niece/nephew! : )

Anonymous said...

oh how cute!! its as big as a raspberry! :)

Ariella said...

Ya for the little reasberry!

I can't believe the ignorant comment your OB made, that would make me want to switch Drs.