Friday, December 5, 2008

MULITPLE BLES8INGS...

Written by the Gosselins from John and Kate +8.

I picked it up yesterday and am loving it so far!!! There were these two passages in particular that got my attention.

The first one was after they had done their IUI to get pregnant with the twins;

"I did my test, and then, still groggy plopped back into my warm bed. It was extremely unusual that I did not camp out in that small, cold bathroom, hovering and pacing, waiting as the minutes ticked by until, as so many times before, I would read the dreaded results.

I couldn't believe my eyes! Could it really be pink? I thought that maybe the glare of the florescent lighting was playing tricks on me, so I took the test over to the early morning natural light by the bathroom window. It still looked pink!

Not knowing whether to scream, cry, or pinch myself in case I was dreaming, I ran over and shook John. 'John, John! Wake up! Does this look pink to you?' I'm pretty sure a normal mad shaken awake by his dear sweet wife who was shoving a urine-christened plastic stick under his nose at 5:30 in the morning and demanding a color analysis would probable have a few choice words to say. Not John. He jumped out of bed and threw on the closest light for a closer examination of the now holy stick."


That all makes me think about mine and DH's experience with our 1st BFP.

The next part of the book that struck me, was during Kate's first trimester when her "morning sickness" started(particularly because I had already said these words to DH a week ago)

"While I would love to say I tackled this test with the fierceness of a prize boxer in his championship bout, unfortunately that just wasn't the case. I felt that I had paid my dues already in the effort to get pregnant. Did I need to suffer again? This wasn't fair. I didn't want to have to suffer this debilitating nausea that consumed my every waking moment.

I quickly spiraled into a complaining and whining kid, calling my mother every single day to whimper and cry. Eventually, it became necessary for the doctor to prescribe Zofran, which is given to treat severe cases of morning sickness".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I need to read that book! I love them!