Friday, January 2, 2009

Higher risk...

So... got a call from my OB this morning and he wanted me to come in today... that's enough to scare you.

I needed another U/S to check and make sure that everything is still fine with the baby (it is!!)

But, my Dr called me a "High Risk" patient because of the bleeding... I don't think of myself that way, but appatently HE does! SIL had the same thing happen to her, and it only happened once, and everyone was fine, and there wasn't a mention of "high risk"

I'm going to think about SILs pregnancy and remember that infertility doesn't mean a high risk pregnancy, because I just want to be happy and pregnant (hint, hint...morning sickness... GO AWAY!!)

Besides... I have enough to worry about, with DH going all "conspiracy theory" on me after the President of Russia says that the US has only 6-12 months left to exist. I actually had that "psycho pregnant chick" emerge... and she SHUT HIM RIGHT UP!

::smacks DH!:: Don't scare the pregnant lady! DUH!

4 comments:

Sarah Elizabeth said...

I was considered high risk for my pregnancy because of my age and I was a type 2 diabetic before getting pregnant and EVERYTHING turned out fine! I was VERY closesly monitored my entire pregnancy including twice weekly NST's. At first I was irritated about that but then I "turned it around" and was excited that I got to have 2 ultrasounds A WEEK for the last trimester!! I got to see our little girl all the time! AND - everything turned out just fine!! Everything will for you too!! :-)

Stephanie said...

I am considered high risk too. For one thing b/c I have to take Lovenox and then also b/c of the twins. But I think my OB also considers anyone who conceives with IUI or IVF to be high risk as well. It is kinda scary to see that circled on my paper every time I go to the dr. But it also means you get more monitoring, which I don't mind. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry he said you're high risk. I hope your m/s goes away VERY SOON. You and baby are in my prauers. Hoping everything is great!

Valerie said...

I am sorry they are telling you that you are high risk. You and the baby are just fine! I can't wait to meet him/her. : )