Thursday, September 4, 2008

Insurance...

Well.... DH and I have some good health insurance (apparently) because they are covering 6 IUIs (and everything that comes with them) and we only pay the $20 co-pay.

I know that most people don't have any coverage and for that we are blessed.

My cousin and his wife are also going through the same experience (and same health insurance too) as we are.... they are further along in the process than we are because they started trying earlier.

We were talking the other day about "what if Kaiser doesn't work out and we can't get pregnant?"... our conclusion- Switch insurances!!

You are supposed to be accepted as long as you have continuous coverage... sounds good.

Right now they are going to pay COBRA to keep their current coverage in place and ride-out the last 3 IUIs... then it's off to another provider! I can't say I blame them... DH and I plan to do the same thing!

If we don't get pregnant my next October (13 months from now- and about 28 months of TTC) we will shop around for another provider that will cover IF treatments and "try again" or possibly do IVF (Kaiser in our area doesn't even do IVF).

We know that we will never "stop trying".... but we can't afford to even think about IVF or OOP procedures right now. So.... there is a plan.... even if its just a backup... I like having it in place.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I will pray for you guys that you don't even need all 6 of your covered IUIs to get pregnant. It is a huge blessing to be covered, we have 100% coverage for unlimited IUIs and we are so grateful for it.