Sunday, July 13, 2008

Accident...

In my car that is :(

I was rear-ended at a stoplight today. DH was driving and MIL was in the front seat. It was so loud that I thought that my entire rear end was gone... We were pushed into the car in front of us and they went into the car in front of them, so four cars total.

I felt bad for the guy that hit us; 18, on his way to work, goes to school full time (reminds me of me) and it was his first accident :( then his parents showed up to check on him and make sure that we were all alright (my mom has done that too)

Now the hassle is getting my front and rear ends fixed; it will be about $3,500 in damage when all is said and done because the front and rear bumpers have holes in them from the screws of the licence plates.

MIL was funny trying to get out of the car after it all happened. She was quite flustered and couldn't figure out how to unlock the door (she can't do that normally) and she was getting more and more upset that she couldn't get out. I couldn't help her being that I was in the back seat... I tried and tried... but when I finally got out she looked out the window and said "I can't get out!" and all I could do was say "I can't get you out either" because DH had taken the keys out of the ignition and I couldn't reach the lock button-Sorry ;(

2 comments:

kate said...

Oh, that's scary. It sounds like everyone was ok though. That's a good thing.

Hope you can get your car fixed soon.

Mari said...

That SUCKS! I hope you can get your car fixed soon.

I'm glad you're all OK... Accidents are so scary, though!