Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Unexplained...

Explains it all when it comes to our infertility... While I'm not excited that we have no real explanation for why we are not pregnant yet, I'm glad to know that couples with "unexplained" infertility have the highest pregnancy rates.

HSG-Perfect
SA-Normal
BW-Good for both of us. My thyroid was fine but she said that she wants to monitor it more closely than my PCP because she has thyroid problems and knows how they can change and effect fertility, but my last 4 levels have all been stable and normal.
Physical exam- Good... there was no blood in either (use your imagination....yuck)

We were given the options to move right to IUI or try Clomid+Repronex+Trigger&TI and we chose the timed intercourse. I thought that when we finally got to this point that I would have been ready to jump into an IUI but, it just didn't feel right.

The RE was so nice and seemed so confident that we would get pregnant (possibly on our own before we start the Clomid)

I have to wait for August 19th(unless there is an earlier slot due to a cancelation) for my injections class.

I asked about just Clomid ans she says that the Repronex helps keep the thick uterine lining when taking it with Clomid-Cool.

So it looks like the earliest that we will begin treatments, based on my cycle history is the middle of September... We may change our minds about trying an IUI between now and then... but I doubt it.

I also thought that if we had been given an "unexplained" DX that we would continue to try on our own... but with DH's feet still hurting from the arthritis, the sooner we can get knocked up, the sooner he can resume his Enbral. I told him that his feet are more important, but he refuses to listen to me (not a shocker! LOL!! The men in his family are all like that-stubborn as a donkey!) and he won't take them because it will lessen our chances and we are still worried about birth defects.

4 comments:

Valerie said...

I thought your appt was tomorrow. I am happy to hear all is ok, and hopefully your RE is right and you will get pregnant before the clomid. Remember, lucky month 13!!! : )

Just Me said...

Val- You are like a Navy Seal.... you swoop in and I never even saw you comming!! LOL!!

LOVE YOU!!

Mari said...

I'm happy that you guys have a plan! And your doctor seems to be on top of everything.

You remain in my prayers, I hope that we get to hear good news from you soon!!!

Good Luck! OH, and (((HUGS)))

Tabitha said...

I too am classified as "unexplained", and it does suck. But your right, we have the best chances of getting pregnant, and I always tell myself when I get frustrated that it's better to be healthy than sick with endo or PCOS! My husband and I are both in our mid-twenties and really healthy, all of our test results have come out perfect...
you'll be in my prayers!