Friday, June 6, 2008

Perfect...

Well... they seem that way!

Friends of ours came over tonight, with their 22month old little girl and their 30 week baby bump.

They love each other, have jobs that they love and pay well, a beautiful house, wonderful family...They have everything! I know that there are always problems in any relationship and in life, but these two really do have it all.

The decided to have a baby and became pregnant their 1st cycle off the pill.... and with baby #2 it took only 3 cycles (from what I remember-Even if it's not 100% correct, it's at least 85%)

I want to be them.

So after they left I took my fat infertile ass upstairs to work out. We have a new elliptical that I am trying to use every-other day.

I made the mistake of watching Sex And the City- The episode where Charlotte and Harry find out that none of their eggs were viable, and she is struggling to deal with it all.

I kept getting more and more angry for her and for me....

After 35 minutes, I came downstairs and took a shot (vodka, thanks for asking). I then poured myself a very large glass of wine and headed back upstairs to the bath. I decided that my I-pod was the best form of entertainment.

About 15 minutes later DH comes in and finds me upset, and asks why. He wanted to make sure that it wasn't about him-No dear.

He said "about pregnancy?"... well... yeah actually... I'm surprised that he 'got it'.... he said "don't be sad" and went on his way.... it was a nice gesture, that he can identify and understand my feelings in that situation.

I just kept thinking.... Why can't I be perfect?

3 comments:

Echloe said...

I keep asking myself the same question. Why can't I be perfect. I'm so sick of the TTTC crap.

Kate said...

I love that you took a shot! DH and I downed almost an entire bottle on Friday night after watching our friends two adorable children.

Erin said...

I get so very pissed off that I have to undergo treatments and testing to achieve something that most people can get from a drunken fumbling in the back of a truck.
I don't say this a lot, because life just isn't fair, but,

IT'S NOT FAIR.